Things To Do In Bangor Northern Ireland
Looking for something to do in Bangor then you have come to the right place here are just a few ways you can pass the day on a visit to Bangor Northern Ireland.
- Lunch and coffee with the kids in Jumping Javas Cafe in High Street Bangor, It costs £3 for each child for an hour including a free coffee there is a childrens play area and two girls there to look after your children, including a drawing area. So you can relax and have a chat and a coffee in peace and quiet while your kids have some fun.
- Eddie Irvine’s in Conlig about a mile outside Bangor is a kid’s dream with everything a child or teenager could dream of from Paintballing, Go Carts,Snooker,Football,Food,Laser Combat definetely worth a visit though your pockets may get emptied very fast if you have lots of children.. 🙂
- Snakes and ladders in Bangor with over 14,500 square feet of space, a mini 6-a-side football pitch and mini go- karts, we have the largest play frame in Northern Ireland and have a range of activities to entertain and challenge children from babies to 11 year olds in a secure monitored area whilst allowing parents, grandparents and carers alike to have a well earned moment’s rest and relaxation in our fabulous cafe serving top notch Italian coffee (not to mention the homemade paninis, traybakes, scones and other tempting treats available….)
As mummies and daddies ourselves, we are truly delighted to be offering other families what we hope is an all round enjoyable haven. We intend to add to the current facilities and activities on offer so please keep visiting our website and please do offer us any suggestions or comments either via email to email@example.com or by using one of the comments/ suggestions boxes at SNL- you will find one at reception and one at the cafe
- Pickie Fun Park Pickie Fun Park has been extensively redeveloped for 2012. Opening at Easter the new site will have fun for all.
Children can play in the adventure playground,enjoy the watery fun of the splash pads, enjoy a ride on the electric car track or climb aboard the Pickie Puffer for a narrow-gauge railway journey around the colourful landscape.There is also a new mini golf course which is excellent as well.
All the family can pedal a giant Swan around the shallow waters of the lovely Lagoon, compete with each other in the new mini golf course or take a break in the cafe.The fun park is at the gateway to the Marine Gardens, a delightful stretch of coast for leisurely walks. There are panoramic views of Bangor Bay and the hills of Antrim beyond. Just take a seat, relax and marvel at the wonders all around, or eat your picnic before making your way round to Wilson’s Point. This is a great place to relax and enjoy the views over Belfast Lough.
- A boat trip to Crawfordsburn just beside Pickie fun park there is a boat that gives 30 minutes trips around Bangor coast to Crawfordsburn and back if the weather is bad it is normally cancelled, so it is important you go on a mild day the boat leaves every hour or so during the day. It is a very relaxing trip highly recommended 🙂 .
- Ward Park is in Castle Street in Bangor it is a park with ducks and a childrens playground also has swings and a slide etc. There are also tennis courts so you can go and play tennis just make sure to bring your tennis raquet and balls with you as none are available at the park.
- Getting Married in Bangor yes you can even get married in Bangor there is a registry office in Bangor’s town hall in the grounds of castle park the building and scenery is ideal weddings need to be booked a couple of months in advance as it is a very popular place to get married.
- Just Looking to go out for a coffee with a friend or a smoothie for that matter Starbucks cafe is located in Springhill Shopping Centre Beside Tesco. If you are vegetarian the bean wrap is delightful and naked blueberry smoothie is definetely the healthy option we prefer. Starbucks cafe also has Free WiFi so it is ideal to go for a business meeting with clients or just catch up on your Internet Business and a spot of relaxation… 🙂
- Shopping in Bangor is available there are some shops in main street where the flagship centre is. The flagship is a small shopping centre comprising of about 30 shops including clothes shops,chemist,£1 shop,Argos,Cafe,Jewelers,travel agent,Dunnes Stores Etc. There is also Bloomfield shopping cente in Bangor which is at the Bloomfield road roundabout in Bangor. Springhill shopping centre which is Located off the old Belfast Road In Bangor.
- Walk or cycle to Crawfordsburn there is a walk along the seafront which takes you from Pickie Pool in Bangor Co Down all the way to Crawfordsburn in fact you can go nearly as far as Holywood. If you are someone who likes going for very long walks or a keen cyclist this is an awesome trip just make sure to bring plenty of water and a packed lunch as there is nowhere to stop for refreshments along the way..
Things To Do In Bangor Northern Ireland